Ease of Doing Business / Citizen Centric Services

Issuance of Trade License (Certificate of Enlistment) in real-time in Municipal Areas

Comprehensive List of Documents

Sl. No. Name of the Documents Details of Documents
1. Identity proof documents Any photo identity proof document like EPIC/Aadhar/Driving Licence/Passport etc. issued by any Govt. authority as the identity proof as well as the residential proof of the applicant.
2. Proof of ownership/occupancy

i) For the owner of the premises – current Municipal Property Tax Receipt.

ii) For the tenant of the premises – photo copy of the current Rent Receipt/Challan from Rent Control.

iii) For the lessee of the premises – copy of the Lease Agreement.

iv) For rent free premises – current consent letter mentioning the area received from the consenter in original along with Certificate of Entitlement of the consenter (if any) along with the current Municipal Property Tax Receipt of the consenter.

v) For Partnership Firm – copy of all Partnership deeds.

vi) For the premise duly purchased – certificate copy of the Conveyance Deed/IGR Receipt copy duly certified by the concerned advocate confirming registration of the purchase

vii) For premises in any market owned by Government/Municipal Body and Government Campus – the agreement copy of the actual tenant/lessee with the Government or Municipal Body.

viii) For premises in the Co-operative Housing Society – consent letter in original from the Secretary of the Co-operative Society/appropriate authority.

viii) For premises in the Govt. Housing Estate – No Objection Certificate from the Competent Authority.


  1. For trades where statutory certificates, licenses, permissions, permits are required to be obtained by traders, production of such certificates, licence, permissions, permits are not required prior to and/or at the time of issuance/renewal of Certificates.
  2. However, such enlistment or renewal thereof shall not absolve such person from any liability to take out any license under any other law like Fire license/Fire No Objection Certificate/Pollution Control Board Certificate/Clinical or Health Certificates/Excise (liquor) Deptt./RBI/SEBI/Customs/Police/Import Export etc., and alike for the time being in force.